Monday, April 8, 2013

Write when you get the chance...

I haven't blogged in a while...I am not sure why.  I could come up with excuses and justifications   The reality is I just haven't found any thing that just had to be written in a while.

So what has the Lord been doing with me lately,  you ask?  Hmm...good question.

A few pictures always help.  Right now the road just seems to be stretching out in front of me.  I love the Outer Banks and I think this picture sums up some of what God is doing right now in my heart.  I continue the road trip and the distance continues to call as I put one foot in front of the other.

Got to admit the view doesn't get much better, but the sense of progress at times gets lost a bit.  Anyone else relate? The Lord leads guides and directs but he still calls me to the next step...and the next step...I think you get the picture.

Scripture always helps me.

Isaiah 64:4
Since before time began no one has ever imagined, No ear heard, no eye seen, a God like you who works for those who wait for him.

As I wait for him the journey continues.

But then there are times when it feels as if I am a part of an abstract piece of art.  I sort of know what the point is,  but I am not sure exactly what I am looking at.  Then the waiting make perfect sense.


1 Corinthians 13:9-10
We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

Sometimes the picture is just plain incomplete and I am left waiting, walking and doing a bit of writing to have  it all make just a bit of sense. That is where faith and hope have a chance to take root. I have to admit that sometimes the rooting is not comfortable at all.


Then there is the beach that surrounds me at times.  The surf, the wind and the tide are a part of the stuff of my life.  I can either fight it, or I can just experience it as it comes toward me.  I have done both at points in my life.  Right now, I choose to experience life as it comes a day at a time with the One that make it worth the effort.

Romans 8:37-39

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

I don't need to worry about the surf, the wind, or the tide that seems as if it is going to wash me away.  It is really simple: nothing can separate me from the One who holds me in place.  I don't have to be concerned when the wind picks up, nor do I need to struggle against the storm that batters the shore to my right and left.  I am safe, no matter what.  I stay secure within the embrace of Jesus.

Hope that is where this finds you, my friend.













2 comments:

Jim Elder said...

Good traveling! Good words.

note on life said...

thanks my friend...safe travels to you also on this road to Kingdom come.