Sunday, January 20, 2013

More about the Intersection of Heaven and Earth

I ran across this quote that was along the lines that I have been thinking about lately in this space...

“Those in whom the Spirit comes to live are God's new Temple. They are, individually and corporately, places where heaven and earth meet.”
N.T. Wright, Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense



That quote triggers me thinking that Holy Ground is anywhere God's people set foot. In fact we are God's Holy Ground. That after all is what the intersection of heaven and earth is all about.  It is not location, or buildings that establishes holiness it is relationship. 

Which of course,  has implications that stretch and pull at my heart.  It should impact my motivation, my hope and my dreams.  It motives my desire to continue the upward steps that I am called to. It has implications for simple living that doesn't need the latest and the greatest. 

Holy Ground shouldn't get angry, or seep resentment when the person in front of me in the check out line is over the express line number of items.  Holy Ground can reach into his pocket when the person ahead him in check out line is not only over the express limit but a dollar short.  

Holy Ground sees pain and seeks to meet the need without creating dependency. Holy Ground seeks to identify with the oppressed but does not seek to leave them oppress with yet a new task master. 

Holy Ground senses God's Spirit moving and seeks to maximize the impact.  Holy Ground seeks to be a channel for the Spirit of God to work rather than a closed container.  Too long I have been thinking about God filling my cup instead of flowing like a river that brings joy. 

No comments: