Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

A few random thoughts about Easter this year...

This is one holiday that is really just for believers. No one else really takes notice. It is about the death and resurrection of the Master.

I wonder how many times I am like Mary at the tomb...on a mission...the wrong mission...looking for a dead Master when You are really right there alive and I just can't or don't see You. I am afraid that Mary and I are more alike than I would like to admit...on the wrong mission...aimed in the wrong direction and missing out on the blessing.

I am listening for my name Lord...you called Mary by name...something in the inflection...something in the voice tone that was unmistakably the Master.

You have spoken my name Lord. I have heard it in the middle of the night...It is like coming home to a place that I have never been before. It is on the strength of that name called out that I follow...and you lead. Continue your leading Lord...work Holy Spirit.

No comments: