Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Step Beyond A Trip And A Fall

There is always the unexpected that seems to be coming my way these days. I want to rebel and say something like..."This isn't fair".... "I don't want to deal with this"..."Not again!" But that is to miss out what you may be saying that I will miss, if I am carrying on like that. How much do I miss because I am complaining, processing, and sorting out my feelings? What would happen if I just turned it over to you, Lord?

2 Corinthians 5:7  for we walk by faith, not by sight
I talked with a friend recently about falling...she was questioning why God would allow this to happen. I have no wisdom on that one.  It doesn't seem fair that God allows the indignity of rolling around on the ground to his children.  I want my prayer to be that when I bounce when I hit the ground it will be in a way that God can use.

So what does that mean?  I need to allow Him to use the mis-steps and the falls even as I feel myself losing my balance.  Who knows it may be in the falling with grace already accepted that your will has the opportunity it needs.

So can we fall by faith...no the question is...can I fall by faith today knowing that where ever I land, no matter how much it hurts...you know care and can use me in the middle of it.

So the picture in my head and heart today is of a shooting star...beautiful in the falling as it losing itself through the atmosphere.

After all it is a prayer walk we are on...or fall which ever way it comes.

No comments: