Saturday, March 17, 2012

Park Time: Into the Swing of Things


The morning started out with questions...what is your favorite color, what is your favorite letter?  Trick questions all...my favorite letter is of course "B."   This was going to be a morning in the park with a 3 year old.  I had forgotten about swings, slides and the jungle gyms not  to mention ducks at the lake.  Seeing life through the eyes of a 3 year old (who is almost a four year old) is filled with belly ticklers...laughter and wanting to go higher.  Life is simple it is about a swing, a push and laughing.

I brought coffee and Sweet brought animal crackers and water for Bee.  Everyone was ready for a morning of sun and fun.  I will never forget Bee's openness to the world and her anticipation of the next great event.  That approach to life is a good one.  It is one that I can so easily lose in the mix of the everyday.  Life is a gift that is given from the Father of Lights.  It is a perfect gift when we approach it from the eyes of a child.  Child like faith in a Father that leads, guides,  protects and that creates family time when we need it.

Maybe that is the piece that slips out the side without me knowing it.  Life and the experiences that come my way have intention in them.  They are crafted as carefully as Sweet making sure that Bee has her animal crackers and water.  Life is  being crafted by a Father who wants me to be challenged toward change, but at the same time not overwhelmed by it.

So getting into the swing of things, today is about swings, slides and lessons learned from the Father in the middle of it all.  There is intention even when I can't see it, there is provision even when I can't see that it comes from His hand.  There is protection even when I would prefer that the swing always went higher.

Life as a prayer walk is about seeing life from the perspective of a hopeful and loving child...not a childish follower of that Master. 

Lord Jesus--Help me to continue to mature in the middle of all that you bring my way.

No comments: