Friday, May 1, 2009

Misunderstandings?

I find myself smarting from a misunderstanding and wondering why? Were you ever misunderstood? Sure you were Lord. I am not alone. From the opening sermon in your home town right up to the wagging heads of the religious elite as you hung on the cross.


No You understand better than I do, the experience of being misunderstood and the point being missed. Did it change You? Absolutely, the lack of understanding and the lack of response lead you to the cross.

So how should this misunderstanding change me?


Why does it surprise me? Do I really think that everyone is always going to understand...and what arrogance on my part to think that I am such a clear communicator that I will never have people who don't get me.


Luke 8:10He said, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom—you know how it works. There are others who need stories. But even with stories some of them aren't going to get it:


Some people just don't get it...or at least they don't get it here. They don't agree, or they have hurts that make it difficult for them to make the choices that they really need to make. In the middle of it Lord it seems like the very people who really don't get it, present themselves as the ones that have it all together.

Well the reality is I don't have it all together...I am struggling to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. I leave in Your hands those who may not get me...reality is I don't get me sometimes either. Blessings to them all.

No comments: