Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fog Lifts In The North Country

We have had more rain in the North Country than I can remember in any given spring.  Is it weather patterns changing, or climate change?  Who knows, but I do know that the lawn is green.  That is not always the case, so there is reason for thankfulness and gratitude.


This morning as I look out over the back yard the fog is just lifting.  Now, that Earth Science class comes in handy.  I know that whenever there is fog it is because of temperature differential.  Cold air meets hot moiste air.  And, there you got it, fog on the lawn seats.  Lawn seats are not the place to be either when it is a foggy morning or the weekend of a Dave Matthews concert in Saratoga.  As the sun raises the fog lifts and there is a morning to enjoy.



So often, I am like Garfield.  I see it got to have it...why is it gone so fast.  But the reality is that the hole in my soul can not be filled with food, or no fog, or a perfect North Country sunrise.  


So for a few minutes I will ruminate about the good things that God brings...fog on a Saturday morning, green grass, grace that is remembered even when the world is enveloped  in gossamer of soft fog. Don't miss what is right in front of your face...


Philippians 4:8 


“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

No comments: