Friday, April 20, 2012

Walking in the Light is About Saying Yes


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Walking toward the light and the shadows fall behind.

Walking is a standard of life. We walk where ever we go, at least a bit. The direction that we walk in is what I have been thinking about lately. Direction, orientation is something that can so easily gets twisted. Before I know it I am turned around and headed in the wrong direction. How do I keep my sense of direction, when walking in the light? So the trick is to keep headed in the right direction...toward the light...toward relatedness, toward hope, toward genuineness...toward living something more than I am right now.

So the journey is toward holiness? Yes and no. It depends on what you mean...toward rigidity? Toward a defined end point where further obedience is not necessary? There are those who think that there is an end point a place where further ascent is not needed... but I am thinking that as long as there is the need to say yes...there is no end in sight.

The other thought that floats around is the idea of shadow...there is a part of who I am that casts shadow. The reality is that solid objects cast shadow. There are times when I am in the way of the light...nothing I can do about it. It is a reality of being a solid being that is not transparent...no matter how hard I try to scrub. I will be in the way of the light at times. The trick is to sense the direction of the light...

No comments: